Backed by gold-standard research, OptaGest® prebiotic and enzyme blend gently soothes digestive upsets and promotes enhanced nutrient uptake for overall wellness. Add to every meal for optimal results.
Available products & how to feed
OptaGest is a pure, white powder with virtually no taste. The powder is slightly tacky, allowing it to coat dry foods. To feed, add 1/4 tsp. per cup of food to every meal. Double the amount for seniors. For small pets (10 pounds or less), feed 1/4 tsp. per day.
- Convenience pack: Contains seven 2-gram (1-tsp.) sticks
- Works fast. OptaGest is the only supplement to contain clinically tested levels of organic prebiotics plus four plant-based enzymes. This comprehensive formula goes to work right away, normally producing visible results in 1–3 days.
- Gentle and tasteless. OptaGest contains no fillers, preservatives, sugars, grains or flavors that could further irritate sensitive systems.
- Human-grade and shelf-stable. OptaGest is 100% human-grade, and because it contains no living ingredients is highly shelf-stable.
Who needs OptaGest?
- OptaGest is an ideal solution for pets with digestive upsets, as a maintenance of digestive health to avoid future upsets and as an everyday immune booster.
- Those who want natural, fast relief for gas, litter box odor, bad breath, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation and stool inconsistencies.
- Changing your pets’ diet, including food samples.
- Pets using antibiotics.
- Cat parents looking for a hairball solution.
- People with newly purchased or adopted dogs or cats.
- Pet parents whose animals have sensitive systems. Those who change foods frequently trying to find a food that doesn’t upset their pets’ stomachs and/or may feed limited ingredient diets.
PREBIOTICS VS. PROBIOTICS
Probiotics are naturally occurring organisms that live within the intestines and produce essential nutrients bodies need to function. Every animal has his or her own unique, preferred strain of these beneficial microbes.
Probiotic supplements attempt to “gut load” pets with millions of living bacteria. Most of these bacteria will die before they reach the intestines, rendering them ineffective. The few microbes that do reach the gut are NOT our pets’ native strains. This forces the body to shift its intestinal flora to an unnatural makeup.
Prebiotics, on the other hand, are an ideal food source for your pet’s native, preferred strain of probiotics. Because they are not living, there is no loss during consumption. This targeted feeding doubles the amount of good bacteria in the system every 20 minutes until it reaches a natural, healthy level.
Ingredients: Organic inulin, dried Aspergillus oryzae fermentation solubles, dried Rhizopus oryzae fermentation solubles, dried Trichoderma longibrachiatum fermentation solubles.
Guaranteed Analysis per ¼ teaspoon:
Moisture (max) 5%
Inulin (prebiotic)* 700 mg
Plant Based Enzyme Blend 45 mg
-Protease (Aspergillus oryzae) 18,556 mmoles tyrosine liberated/min./g
-Amylase (Aspergillus oryzae) 2,025 mg starch liberated/min./g
-Lipase (Rhizopus oryzae) 1,033 mmoles fatty acid liberated/min./g
-Cellulase (Trichoderma longibrachiatum) 203 relative fluidity change units of carboxymethylcellulose liberated/5 min./g